Job Summary: Provide daily support to production areas and continuously improve manufacturing processes by providing necessary equipment, fixtures and plant layout improvements based on company toolbox strategies. Assist with environmental, health, safety and ergonomic issues. Lead and participate in team projects focused on company financial metric improvements. Activities include documentation of product assembly methods, work standards, equipment layout, design and implementation, material handling, manpower evaluations, equipment and material utilization in order to improve operating performance. This position has access to confidential engineering computer files and information. Incumbent must uphold the integrity and confidentiality of all company and personnel information.
· Develop and maintain a safety first culture, provide a safe work environment meeting company and government requirements.
· Focus and direct manufacturing engineering resources in a fashion that meets or exceeds internal and external customer expectations while achieving company financial metrics.
· Direct, formulate and recommend innovative manufacturing procedures, plant layouts, material handling methods and proper utilization of labor, machines and tools.
· Create and maintain production routers and raw material requirements.
· Research capital equipment, compose and submit capital expenditure request documentation, including return on investment models. Upon gaining the required level of approvals order equipment, schedule deliveries, utility preparations and schedule riggers if required.
· In partnership with design engineering, coordinate the introduction of new products into production to achieve increased customer satisfaction and corporate profit objectives.
· Develop and implement short and long term strategies and contingencies for assigned areas.
Knowledge, Skills, and Education Qualifications
Knowledge: Experience using Microsoft Office products including Word, Excel and Access. Preference is given to individuals with design experience using Autodesk products.
Skills: Strong time management skills, problem solving skills, attention to detail, communication skills and personal interaction skills are essential
Abilities: Be able to make independent decisions based on the goals and objectives of the company. Ability to design basic mechanical and electronic fixtures using a cad based system. Collaborate with others in a positive manner. Position requires a very flexible individual with the ability to quickly solve problems and implement corrective actions. Many decisions are made independent of direction from above following broadly defined goals and guidelines.
Education: B.S. in Industrial Engineering Technology or related.
· Autodesk products
Illinois Tool Works, Inc. (“ITW” or “the Company”) is an equal employment opportunity employer. Company policy is not to discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age (40 and over), disability, military status, genetic information or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. The Company also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories. It is also the Company’s policy to comply with all applicable federal, state and local laws respecting consideration of unemployment status in making hiring decisions.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.
For more information, view the EEO is the Law Poster and Pay Transparency Statement.